Laughter Is The Best Medicine
Laughter is a strong medicine that triggers healthy physical and emotional changes in the body.
Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts moods, diminishes pain, and protects you from
the damaging effects of stress.
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous
resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and
emotional health. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.
As children, we used to laugh hundreds of times a day, but when we became adults, life tends to be
more serious and laughter more infrequent.
Below are some benefits that should keep us wanting to laugh it up:
- Stimulate many organs. Laughter enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air, stimulates your
heart, lungs and muscles, and increases the endorphins that releasing by your brain.
- Activate and relieve your stress response. A rollicking laugh fires up and then cools down your
stress response, and it can increase and then decrease your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Soothe tension. Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, both of which
can help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.
Laughter isn’t just a quick pick-me-up, though. It’s also good for you over the long term. Laughter
- Improve your immune system. Positive thoughts can actually release neuropeptides that help
fight stress and potentially more-serious illnesses.
- Relieve pain. Laughter causing the body to produce its own natural painkillers.
- Increase personal satisfaction. Laughter can also make it easier to cope with difficult situations.
It also helps you connect with other people.
- Improve your mood. Many people experience depression, sometimes due to chronic illnesses.
Laughter can help lessen your depression and anxiety and may make you feel happier.